Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Night I Got Attached

this is an obscene time to be making a blog post.
this is an obscene time to be doing ANYTHING.

unless you are in the army.
but i'm not,
not at this moment...anyway.


But who cares.
I want to pen this down,
before I forget.

Because this is going to be
the happiest i'm going to be,
for a long, long time.


It was... an afternoon in Orchard.
Supposed to meet this girl for lunch.

She was working at this law firm,

and was on her lunch break.


When she came down,
she was... exceptionally determined.
took my hand,
and dragged/ran me to Centrepoint.


Brought me up to
the balcony(?) of the mall


Stared into my eyes
and said these words:
'I don't want to wait anymore,
I can't stand this.
I love you,
Please tell me you love me back.'

I said,
'Yes, yes, of course I do.'

And we hugged.
It felt like an eternity,
all rolled up into one,
that moment.

Soon after,
we sat down at a nearby bench.
looking up at the clear blue sky,
with clouds just...floating past.

I told her,
'Before we go on any further,
you know about me, my past.
I love you so much.
But you know I can't just
commit.
not now, not yet.'   

She looked right back at me,
and said,
'Of course I know,
It's ok.
I just wanted to know you loved me back.
Instead of a relationship,
let's just be...related.'

I have no idea why she had used the word related,
but I guess being related is a basic form of relationship?
A leading point UP to a relationship?
the... baby pokemon version of relationship.

I have never felt happier.
The world was spinning around me,
and I was on top of the world.

I looked at her again,
that beautiful, beautiful face.
She said,
'Before we go on any further,
we should probably have some ground rules.
for being related.
Rule #1:...'

Then my hand started feeling numb.

I woke up.

I was sleeping on my hand.

I closed my eyes.


Hoping,
Begging,
to whatever entity,
that this,
was part of my memory.
and not part of my dreams.


that I woke up,
into the same world
as her.


I didn't.

I closed my eyes again,
trying to go back to hers.

All I got was pitch black

darkness.


It was all..
unreal.

And so,

I am here.
5 mins on.


Trying to pen down
before I forget,
for I must never forget.


Not her,
not that world,
not ever.


A dream machine that paints my dream,
And an option to sleep in it forever.

   

No comments: